Ali Naseer to lead UAE A in ACC Men’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup
Publish at: July 11 2023
- Sri Lanka to host eight-team tournament, UAE to play India A in their opening match on 14 July
- Dubai, 11 July 2023: Talented all-rounder Ali Naseer will lead the UAE A team in the eight-team ACC Men’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup (5o overs) that will be played in Sri Lanka from Thursday, 13 July. UAE features in Group B with India A, Pakistan A and Nepal the other three teams in the group. Sri Lanka A, Bangladesh A, Oman A and Afghanistan A are the teams placed in Group A.
- The UAE squad includes promising youngsters with a bright future in the game. Besides Ali, Aryansh Sharma, Ethan D’ Souza, Mohammad Jawadullah and Sanchit Sharma featured in the recently concluded ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier in Zimbabwe. The rest of the squad includes high performing youngsters who have proved their mettle at the domestic level.
- UAE will play their first match against India A on Friday, 14 July at the SSC Ground in Colombo. Their second match is against Pakistan A on Monday, 17 July at P, Sara Stadium in Colombo while their third and final group game is against Nepal at the same venue on Wednesday, 19 July.
- The semi-finals will be played on 21 July with the tournament final set to be played at the R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo.
- UAE A team for ACC Men’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup: Ali Naseer (c), Adithya Shetty, Aryansh Sharma, Ansh Tandon, Ashwanth Valthapa, Ethan D’ Souza, Fahad Nawaz, Jash Giyanani, Jonathan Figy, Lovepreet Singh, Matiullah, Mohammad Faraazuddin, Muhammad Jawadullah, Nilansh Keswani and Sanchit Sharma.
- ACC Men’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup, Sri Lanka – UAE A matches:
- 14 July – India A vs UAE A
- 17 July – Pakistan A vs UAE A
- 19 July – Nepal vs UAE A
- 21 July – Semi-finals
- 23 July – Final
- - ENDS -